There has never been a better time to consider a mare for your next dressage mount. Several celebrity mares have been highly visible and successful at the FEI levels in the past few years in the US, and have been giving their male opponents a lesson in winning dressage. Consider three Diva-mares at the 2008 US Olympic Selection Trials: Brentina (ridden by Debbie McDonald), Rocher (ridden by George Williams) and Naomi (ridden by Lisa Wilcox, now competed by Lars Petersen). This past year several new young mares were debuted at international levels and are bright prospects for Grand Prix, most notably Katherine Bateson's Dea II and Tuny Page's Alina.
In Spain, the tradition of training only the PRE stallions for dressage competition is changing. For several years, top dressage riders, such as Rafael Soto, and the country's top breeders have called for the training and competing of mares in dressage. The result has been a change in the Functionality Championship competitions at breed shows around the country, culminating in the National Championship at SICAB. For the first time, mares are included in this under-saddle class, which was limited to stallions in all prior years.
At HGF, we have found a certain clientele for mares. When these riders approach us, they already know that they are "mare people" and in the end we are able to provide what they've been looking for. HGF mares are big in size and sporthorse in type, presenting large overstride at the walk and floating expressive trot and canter. 2008 was our top year in mare sales and we look forward to seeing two HGF mares in training and showing in Wellington this winter.
We have a fine young group of riding mares that will be available for sale next year. These three year olds will be trained to present in hand and will be started under saddle. For those clients who enjoy the mind and work ethic of a mare, or who are hesitant to make the commitment that a stallion requires, we encourage you to contact us about our mares for sale and the training packages that we offer with each of our sales horses.
- Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays 2010....
- Meet Mica Mabragana
- Hampton Green Farm in the News
- SICAB REPORT 2010
- Giving Thanks for a Record Sales Season at Hampton Green Farm
- Spanish National Championships and Arrival in Malaga of HGF Horses
- HGF November 2010 Schedule
- Encanto XI and Daniel Martin are Intermediare I Champions of Andalucia
- Hampton Green Farm Sponsor's New Radio Program, Dover's World Live!
- Decoroso HGF
- In Memoriam Cantora XVI, 1995-2010
- Season of Change
- Courtney Dye Visits HGF and Grandioso
- USDF Region Two Championships Results
- Join HGF in Traverse City at the Region Two Championship Freestyles Fundraiser for Dressage4Kids!
- Robert Dover Finds His FIERO at Hampton Green Farm
- The End of Summer 2010
- Hampton Green Farm's auction Wrap-Up
- The Hampton Green Farm Top Ten Herd Reduction Sale--and Benefit for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Lake Shore--is Here!
- The Annual HGF Open House is Back!
- August Dates--Set Your Calendar!
- Traverse City Success Stories!
- HGF Launches Site for the Top Ten Herd Reduction Sale
- July News
- New Training Blog by Maria Lithander
- Register NOW to Join HGF in Traverse City at the Dressage by the Bay Breed Show--July 11
- HGF Summer Plans
- Summer Training Package Available
- Update to Accomplishments of HGF Offspring
- Why Buy a Young Horse from HGF?
- Wellington Show Report
- Courtney Update--March 12, 2010
- Courtney Dye suffered an accident
- Winter News Letter
- HGF Tops the National Boards at Wellington Classic Spring Challenge CDI
- Winter 2010 Horses for Sale
- Back in the Show Ring, 2010
- USPRE PRE-SHOW party 2010
- HGF 2009 - The Year in Review: Hampton Green and its PRE Horses Achieve National and International Status
- Hampton Green Farm - Lendon Gray January Clinic, Part I